I get this question a lot and the most important thing to remember is that your LinkedIn profile should be as detailed as possible and complete. Essentially, you could consider your LinkedIn profile to be your online resume since employers and decision-makers search LinkedIn to find qualified candidates.
Include information regarding your employment credentials and qualifications, skills and training. Get recommendations from your colleagues and be sure to include keywords. When you have your resume professionally written, it is compiled of content-enriched keywords and using these in your LinkedIn profile ensure when someone is searching a particular keyword, your profile would be on their list.
Here are some things to consider when creating a LinkedIn profile:
- Include a photo, a headshot is best
- Include your professional summary and specialties
- Include keywords
- Add links- link to your resume, website or blog
- Edit your public profile URL
- Grow Your Network and use LinkedIn to let people know you are actively searching for a new job or career!