ANNUAL STUDY FROM ROBERT HALF INTERNATIONAL AND CAREERBUILDER.COM REVEALS TALE OF TWO JOB MARKETS
Survey Shows Both Employees and Employers Face Challenges in Tough Economy
* More than half of employers said it is challenging to find skilled professionals today; Generation Y workers are the most difficult to recruit.
* Closely mirroring responses from employers, more than half of workers said it is challenging to find a job today.
* Nearly two-thirds of workers are more likely to try to negotiate a better compensation package today than last year.
* A lack of qualified workers and the higher cost of gas/commuting were among the top factors impacting companies’ ability to recruit skilled labor.
* Many employers are likely to offer reduced work schedules, “bridge” jobs and consulting arrangements as an alternative to retirement.
* The time to fill open positions ranges from four to 14 weeks, with senior-level roles demanding the most time.
* Six-in-10 employers estimate at least a quarter of applicants who contact them are not qualified.
Read more at: http://tinyurl.com/53ymcu